Lost Island

Hie Perdue, Illes Perdue, Isle Perdu, Isle Perdue, l’Hie Perdue, l’Ille Perdue, l’Isle Perdue

A small island in the straight of Assurne, so named because of its remoteness. It was part of lord Galeholt lands, off the coast of Sorelois, and was visited by Lancelot. Before Galeholt, it was apparently ruled by a King Machen. It is named as the home of Sir Minadoras and of Galeguinant, its constable.

Galeholt’s castle, Isle Perdue, were located on the island.


Sources
Lancelot do Lac | 1215-1220
Vulgate Lancelot | 1215-1230
Vulgate Merlin | 1220-1235
Le Livre d’Artus | Early 13th century